I am so excited about summer. For the first time in years, I’m excited about summer for me. Not for my kid. Not for my family. I’m excited for me.
This summer is going to be a bit different because for about 3 weeks, I will be kid free. Yup, J is heading down south for a couple of weeks to hang out with the other side of her family and later in the summer she’ll be going away to camp for a week. Couple that with the fact that J has been making friends, attending parties, going to sleepovers, etc, it’s like she really doesn’t need the constant go go go summer that we usually try to provide. She’s spreading her wings and I’m spreading mine.
It’s been fall for about 3 weeks now and I’m finally getting around to making my bucket list. Typically, this is an annual thing for me even if I don’t end up coming back to update the progress. This fall is no different.
Like every other fall for as far back as I can remember, I have that tingling sensation of renewal. I feel like I work all year long to get to this point and I have such an appreciation for it. In my world, fall marks a few milestones:
- The start of a new school year.
- My birthday–October 31st. This year, I’ll be 29.
- Our anniversary–October 30th. 3 years married and we’re still chugging along.
- A slower pace. Summer is very fast paced for our family. For whatever reason, instead of relaxing and going with the flow, I feel like my schedule is air tight with no room for mistakes. During the fall, I can breathe again.
About a bucket list View Post
Fall is upon us once again and I’m scheming on ways to get the most out of it and make it last. So I decided to create a fall bucket list of the must do, must see, must have things of fall. Just all fall everythang! So without further ado, here’s my fall bucket list.
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha
- Mommy Power’s Candy Corn Milkshake
- Homemade s’mores
- Homemade chili
- A simple homemade apple crisp like this one
- Go to a(n)…
- Football game
- Haunted house
- Pumpkin patch and load up on pumpkins
- Apple orchard that’s close to home
- Restaurant with a fire place for dinner
- Season premieres
- Gone Girl (The movie)
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Sugar by Bernice McFadden
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Slouch beanie
- Leggings with boots
- A sweater dress
- A stylish cowl
- A fall wreath
- Decorated pumpkins
- Homemade costume
- Some leaf projects
- Decorations for Christmas
What’s on your fall bucket list?